Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thankful thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you enjoy this holiday with your family and loved ones, enjoying each others company and celebrating all the things you are thankful for. I have 12 zillion things planned for my 4 day weekend, so If I don't post, no worries, I'm okay...just a little bit busy. Big E has his first official Thanksgiving 4 day weekend with us. Never in our 12 years of marriage has that happened. So my to-do list is about....well, about 4 days long :)


This year I am so thankful for many, many things ...

I am thankful for my husband, who is walking this life by my side. I am thankful that he is a good provider. I am thankful for his support and love. And I am thankful that he is such a wonderful father to our kids. I am thankful that he cares.


I am thankful for my kids. I am thankful that they are all so different and each of them brings a different twist to an ordinary day. Thankful that they love me unconditionally. And I am thankful that they throw their little hissy fits, because they have the ability to and that they have the voice to say their sorry.


I am thankful for my family. For my Mom, who does all she can for me and my family. For my Dad, who calls to tell him that it is snowing or raining and what direction the wind is blowing. For my stepdad who drives 30 minutes to give the kids a kiss and hug and only stays for 2 minutes because that is all he has, but he came anyway. For my grandmother, who is celebrating another Thanksgiving. And for my brothers, Albert, Michael and my sister Alexa, they are all happy in their own way and isn't that what it really all boils down to. I am thankful for my nephew Albie, who I don't get to see to much, but I really would like to see everyday.

There are so many things to be thankful for this holiday season. I hope each and everyone of you has a happy holiday.
P.S. this should have been posted yesterday, but apparantly I was a little busy preparing the feast!

2 Comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Yup, you have a lot to be thankful for :))

Melodie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!