Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat ........

Honestly, it wouldn't be a holiday in my home without a little drama added to the mix. Rachael had this super cute Disco Diva costume, that I couldn't wait for her to wear, and she decided that she absolutely hated it 10 minutes before we were to hit the pavement. She decided last years costume worked a little better for her. So back to the Pirate Cutie of yester-year. I had nothing in me to fight her with. Trevor hated his costume and all things related to trick or treating. He was perfectly happy sitting on the front entry with Dad and Dad's boys putting back a few Corona's. Me and the mommy mafia, pulled the wagon full of adult beverages around the "hood".

To tell the truth, I really couldn't fight with Rachael, because I did something absolutely horrible and completely by mistake and a felt like a complete loser. We have 6 cockatiel eggs, only two of them are actually viable. You have to "candle" the eggs every 2 days to see if the air bubble tilted. Because if it is, you should have a baby bird in about 24 - 36 hours. Well, while candling it, the bird flew out of the cage, scaring the crap out of me, and I dropped it. I immediately started crying. I felt so horrible. Rachael was so upset, and rightfully so. I was heartbroken. It was completely by mistake and I felt a wave a nausea come over me at the exact moment it left my fingers. It put one heck of a damper in my Halloween mood. Now you understand why I wasn't arguing with Rachael over her costume....We now have one egg that may or may not hatch and I'm not touching it. I don't care ... I'm not. I too afraid of a repeat.

We also did some soccer-ing over the weekend. Both Kasey & Rachael's teams won. So that was a good start to the official season. I'm going to reserve the right to further blog about the games after next weekend. There was some drama there too, but I am going to give some people the time to redeem themselves, before a set forth on a mom rage. And we finished painting the living room and playroom. My body feels like it was hit by a mack truck. But we had to get it done because next Saturday my Mom (aka... The nanners) rolls in.

Erin started his new job today. Which I am sure I haven't told you about before. So some of you are like ....... What the ?? HUH ??? Sorry, it happened kinda fast and time tends to get away from me. My life is way bigger than me, and I spend a lot of time chasing it, if that makes sens to anyone. Erin got a job in the corporate world. He is out of the restaurant business. No more for him, he was tired of it and the hours were less than family friendly. So he is in training for a few weeks and then he will have a set schedule. phew ...... no lapse in paychecks, it was an easy transition.

So here are the pictures of the kids. Kasey is M.I.A, as she decided the Spooky Trail and Texas Chainsaw Massacre were more fun than us. I know, that's a complete shocker. We're pretty cool ...
My Little Pirate
My Pirate Cutie and My Little Pirate

My Spooky Scary Thingy !

Rachael and her friend (who was a soccer goblin)




2 Comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear about the egg, but the kids looked super cute. :) I'm home now & will be back to my blogger-y self tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Nanners is 3 days out. Here I come. Love the costumes. Congrats to big Erin. Too bad about the bird egg. If the last one hatches while I am there, I hope it survives. The kids will be disappointed and I am not good with that. UGH!!!