Thursday, November 13, 2008

nature took its course :(

I am 99% sure that the last cockatiel egg is not going to hatch. Apparently, my poor ass momma bird, is a little smarter than I thought. She probably knew it was not going to hatch and that is why she abandoned it. The only other thought is that she is a poor ass momma bird. I think the first one is better.

Rachael took it better than I thought. The good news is that they will have more in the spring. The bad news is that they will have more in the spring.

I quickly changed the tone in the house with one simple sentence, "Hey, Super Mommy bought pre-sale arm bands for Nativity Novemberfest!" and everyone was really happy, really fast.

I'm taking tomorrow off of work. Rachael is finally getting the all coveted Safety Patrol Badge and this Mommy was told he HAS to be there. I need to use all my vacation time, my stellar company has a use or lose policy, yup it's stellar.

1 Comment:

Beth said...

Sorry 'bout the egg... Ben was looking forward to chick sitting.

Have fun w/ Rach at her patrol induction. :)