Thursday, November 20, 2008

anyone got a recipe?

For the past 3 years we have stayed home for Thanksgiving. Erin's sis comes over with her family and we eat, drink and be merry. I really enjoy being home for Thanksgiving. Our family goes full speed all year long, it nice to be home for an entire day. I am really looking forward to it. Erin gets a 4 day weekend this year. This is a first. He always has worked Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I'll be able to hit some Black Friday deals this year ... hummmm, I'll have to think about that.

Holidays mean cooking. I'm not so good in that department. I know there are alot of you out there who love to cook and are good at it. I wish I was, but I'm just not. I wasn't built with that cooking gene. So here I am, Thanksgiving one week away and every year I envision this beautiful table with a perfectly browned bird, surrounded by all the trimmings. Don't get me wrong, I always have a bird and all the trimmings, it just never looks like it should. But, my family doesn't care, they love the food. So why should I stress so much??

This year I'm buying a pre-cooked Turkey from Publix. I did this last year and it was really good. It is a little expensive, but well worth it. At least I know it will be cooked and yummy. Today I am scouring the internet for some recipes. I want to make a sweet potato souffle. I am sure it was 6 zillion calories and 5 million weight watcher points, but I'm taking a walk on the wild side. Here are the things I want to make....if anyone has any good recipes, please email me.
Green Bean Casserole (I am sure Trevor will eat this)
Sweet Potato Souffle (the one that has some sort of marshmallows on it)
Cranberry Jelly of some kind
Mashed Potatoes (I actually can make these, but people have some interesting ways to spice it up & I'm open to new exciting things)
Any other yummy ideas that you can give. The more simple they are the better off I am.

I think I have everything else under control..... I hope.

In my perfect world, this is what my table would look like ....



Trevor continues to talk more and more. He dropped this on my over the weekend:
Me: Hey, are you Mommy's little man?
T: No, me Treva
He knows his name. Probably because I'm always saying ... Where's Trevor? Anyone seen Trevor?? Can we please find Trevor? He still does that disappearing thing. I'll take a picture of Rachael's carpet for you ....... he isn't quite Picasso!

1 Comment:

Yellow Beads said...

Here you go: http://anotheronlinemom.blogspot.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-menu.html
Hope this helps!!