Tuesday, November 4, 2008

my vote counted..

I voted today. It's not the first time, but it is the first time that I have waited about 1 1/2 hours. Mostly because my last name starts with a "q". But I voted, and I have a sticker to prove it.

I'm not going to get all on my political high horse, I'll save you the drama. But if you are able to vote, please go vote. I am firm believer that everyone's vote counts. I will admit, that I knew NOTHING about the retaining the local judges. But I guess that if they are there, they were elected before by voters, so what the heck. I voted to keep them there.

Back to the 1 1/2 hour wait. Forgive me in advance, but the median age for poll workers in Florida is 72, give or take 5 years. My voting place is very deceiving, while you move at a steady pace outside, once inside if your name starts with L - R, you had another 45 minute wait. I watched in disbelief as many of my neighbors who were very far behind me high fived me as they passed! The nice lady doing L- R apparently had an issue with a contact lens and it took her twice as long to go through her name book. That is my luck, this stuff happens to me all the time. I was prepared though. I had my Starbucks and my cellphone. Both can keep me entertained, so I was okay. I text messaged, I facebooked, I emailed. I was okay.

Upon arrival, this is what I was greeted with:



After casting my super, ever so important vote, I found this .... are you kidding me??

But did you know with your "I voted" sticker you get a free tall Starbucks coffee and a free Chick-fil-A Sandwich ??? yummy ....




1 Comment:

Beth said...

Yeah, Ben & I waltzed right in at 3pm... I was confused when I got your email about the L-R contact problem...I was thinking left to right lady? :) but I got it when I went to my E-K line. I need to blog but the weekend w/ my mom took a lot out of me, I don't know if I have the energy for it.