Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm still here ....

I wasn't planning on taking a blogging holiday, but it ended up that way. I missed so many things while I was away. I think I am almost caught up with my blog reading. My weekend was jam packed with family stuff and every time I tried to get on the computer my kids were right there asking for their turn. So it turned into a little blogging holiday.

Thanksgiving was great! We had a wonderful dinner and shared a great day with Erin's sister Sean, Tony (her super awesome boyfriend) and Sean's daughter Taylor, who Trevor fell in love with again. We don't see them as much as we would like, but Trevor falls for her every time. He likes to be held ALOT, she is always up to that challenge.

My turkey was perfect tasting. It looked okay, until Erin decided to move it and it fell apart. But if it tastes good, does the presentation really matter ?? Oh, and Erin taste tested the top.


Afterwards the boys, and I mean Big E and Tony, played a little golf on the WII and I picked up dinner all by myself. And by doing that I was rewarded with a date night with my husband. He said he felt bad because I did it all myself. oooohhhhhh .......

The kids really wanted to play Apples to Apples with Aunt Sean, because she takes this game so seriously! LOL !! Here is a little video of the chaos. The chatty one with the braids is Rachael. The little one sitting on the table is Lil' E, Trevor is the toddler making his rounds around the table and Kasey is the one sitting on the end.


Here are a few pictures of everyone:

Rachael, Taylor and Trevor

Sean & Tony

Erin & Tony (They kinda look like brothers)

Lil' E settling in for a little Football

Kasey looking oh so thrilled, this is nothing new.

And this I found very interesting.....We were telling Sean about Trevor's fascination with wrestling and how he imitates all the wrestlers. Allow me to digress ... probably not the best thing for a toddler, but the fascination originated with his older brother.

Anyway, we were talking about wrestling and someone mentioned Hulk Hogan and then I think it was Big E asked if anyone saw the article about Linda Hogan and how she can't live off of $40,00 a month (like seriously, $40,000 a month) and Sean said that young man she is dating, Charlie Hill, dated my niece Taylor (the one in the picture above). I was shocked. They met on a cruise, he was a very nice young man back when they were "dating". And she has pictures of Taylor and Charlie together.....amazing! So there is your useless info for the holiday!


2 Comments:

Melodie said...

My family has always served Thanksgiving dinner buffet-style, so I wouldn't even begin to know what a turkey is supposed to look like before being carved. The taste is the only thing that really matters anyway.

The kids looked like they enjoyed spending time with the relatives, too.

Yellow Beads said...

Looks like you had a graet holiday!!