Thursday, October 23, 2008

zoo boo.

Yup, I have the Zoo Boo pics for you....

First an update on the Cockatiel egg situation. We now have 5 eggs. And Samie won't get off of them. I've read everything I can on what to do if these little bugs hatch, but still feeling like I need a bird nurse. We candled the eggs last night and found one egg with veins, which means it at one time was viable, is viable or on its way to being viable. That leaves 4 that are DOA or just haven't developed that far yet. Still one bird scares the crap out of me. Have you seen pictures of baby birds on the Internet, they are a little scary looking. It is definitely only a face a momma can love.

My daycare is on vacation for the next two days. So we are tag teaming Trevor. I'm working 1/2 days today and tomorrow, while Daddy takes the AM shift. I'll be picking up from school. I have a parent / teacher conference for Erin today and Rachael's tomorrow.

So we went to Zoo Boo at Lowry Park Zoo last Saturday night. I did not take Trevor, as it was way past his bedtime and he would have been completely out of control. I went with BFF Michele and her 3 girls, Rachael & Lil E. We had so much fun. The haunted houses are rated by skulls. 1 skull = not scary and 7 skulls means = very scary for kids. Little Erin was talking smack all day about he was going in the 7 skull haunted houses. He barely made it through the 5 skull haunted house without crying! Rachael went in all the haunted houses, she loved it. At one point, I was a little scared, and I'll admit it....I used Rachael as a human shield. The darn white faced scary guy was invading my personal space and Rachael was handy, I threw her between us and it worked like a charm. I'm a good mom .... I really am. All the rides were open, and the kids had a blast. I didn't have a stroller with me because I was minus a toddler, but now I understand why people cuss out strollers and why people always give me the mean glare. I get it now, strollers are annoying. I must have been hit by a stroller 5 times that night. I promise, I will be more careful of non-stroller moms in the future. And for all those I have run into in the past 10 years, I'm a little sorry for that, but you kinda deserved it for giving me that nasty glare.

Here is our Zoo Boo Pictures .......

Courtney, Erin & Rachael with a Screech Owl...I think he is supposed to be scary ..

Erin on the Haunted Carousel

The Kids in Midway Madness ... The clowns were a little freaky lookin'

Erin was waiting outside the Ladies Room for the girls to come out. He scared them all night long.



1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you went to Zoo Boo. Looks like fun was had by all.