Wednesday, October 29, 2008

finally.

We have our Halloween Costumes. We are really late this year. At least with Trevor & Rachael. Erin has had his for quite some time.

Rachael costume is 100% Rachael. She's going to be a Disco chic. I think it is a cross between hippie girl and GoGo girl. Either way, really cute.
Trevor is going to be a pirate and he looks so darn cute in it! It really doesn't take a whole lot to make Trevor look cute. He has that trick mastered.

Lil' Erin has been telling me for weeks that he wanted to be something scary (I'm not linking his costume because of all you monster haters, lol). I really think it is a complete boy thing. I'm not big on guts and blood, but Erin has been pushing me about this. We all know as parents that we need to choose our battles carefully. I really didn't feel like this was that huge of battle to fight, so we came to a great compromise. Erin is a scary thingy, it has a holographic chest that shows ribs, not bloody and disgusting, but nonetheless, Erin thinks it is and that is all that matters. So while we did go a little on the scary side, we did so without going all blood and guts, because this momma doesn't really think that is appropriate for an 8 year old!

And here is a cockatiel update. Samie now has 6 eggs, and I think she is done laying them. We definitely have one baby cockatiel. When you candle the egg with a flashlight you can see it moving around. I call it my ultrasound machine! And one egg has veins. So as long as all goes well, we will have at least one baby cockatiel and possibly two. I'm hesitant to say this because what if something goes wrong?? ugh ...... I'm not ready for this. But I'm preparing for the baby, I have a beautiful basket ready to welcome the little bird. If my counting is right, we should welcome this addition sometime early next week. I think ..... I'm gonna go do some more research. Keep your fingers crossed. At this point, I hope it goes well .....

Here are some cute pics of the kids that I took at a birthday party we were invited to last month.


0 Comments: