Sunday, October 12, 2008

to answer your e-mail.

I received an e-mail about the lunatic Mom situation. I thought I would answer it in an open forum. Without disclosing who it was from, here is an excerpt.

"I think you are out of line. She is just protecting her child. Perhaps your child isn't telling you the entire story. Kids sometimes don't get along and it takes a mom to step in and get the issues fixed. I would do the same thing if I was in that situation"

Are you kidding me? This is an e-mail. Leave it in the comments or are you scared that my Mommy Mafia friends would hunt down your blog and call you out on your parenting skills.

First, you aren't a Mom, if you think I'm out of line. And you would do things the same? You would threaten a 10 year old? I don't think I even need to address your e-mail any further. But for haha's, I will.

Second, I do know that my daughter has faults. She is snappy, standoff-ish at times and very protective. The apple doesn't fall from the tree. I do not get involoved with 5th grade politics and the jockey-ing for popularity. But you need to know the girls who fight today are the best friends of tomorrow. So when Rach comes home upset because little Susie was mean today, I guide her the best way I can to resolve the issue and 9 times out of 10 she comes home the next day and tells me everything is fine. I am also a firm believer of the chain of command. If there is really a personality conflict, let the teacher take a stab at making it better. If all routes are exhausted, I'll step in. But lets be real folks, we are talking about 5th grade girls.

I do know the whole story. I called the teacher on her cellphone on Friday who also was told the same story from a 3rd party. With that being said Rach and "Blah" girl have a little history. She is new to the school and she carrying a little attitude. They have had a few "encounters" over the course off the school year. But who cares. This time "blah" told Rachael's friends that her food was disgusting, it disgusted her, how can you eat that, and you are disgusting for eating it. So Rach's friend is kind of a quieter girl. So my daughter took it upon herself to tell "blah" that her friend didn't need her permission to eat her food, and that they didn't ask her opinion, and that perhaps she should keep her mouth shut if she didn't haven anyting nice to say.

And then that's where Mom rolled up and made a huge mistake.

And did I mention this isn't this girls first "conflict" with another student. Hummmmm.....looks like there is a pattern.

One more thing. "Blah" mom was standing next to me at open house and had the nerve to call Trevor cute, because Trevor was screaming, "I go home NOW" on the top of his lungs. She used the word cute in the same context you would use the word annoying. So here ya go Mommy Dearest of "Blah" your kid is cute.

0 Comments: