Thursday, October 9, 2008

another letter to my husband

Honey,
Remember when we were dating all those years ago and I shoved potato peels down the garbage disposal. It got all stopped up and you swooped in and saved the day with your plumbing skills.

Well where were you tonight?

I decided to throw that spaghetti away, you know that rubbermaid container on the bottom shelf. I was in a hurry and put it down the garbage disposal. And OH MY GOSH! It exploded. It looked like a murder scene. I have never been so grossed out in my life, well maybe when Trevor fired away when I was changing him a couple years ago, but OH MY GOSH! There were noodles everywhere tinted a faint red. And what died in the garbage disposal? It smelled disgusting and I know the spaghetti didn't smell like that when I chopped it up finely and slowly poured it into the garbage disposal. I was like deer in the headlights, I couldn't move. All I could do was scream for the towels. And by the way, our kids don't move very fast when I scream "run and get me all the towels you can find". Apparently run means walk, and an obvious act of insubordination ... we need to discuss this.

After the initial shock of flying noodles. I turned off the garbage disposal to see water leaking from under the sink. GREAT! A flood. Only to be made worse by your stellar wife who thought it would help to turn the water back on and try to de-clog the disposal. I also remember seeing on the TLC channel to try and use a plunger to help move clogged kitchens pipes. Not so smart when you are dealing with noodles and red sauce.

No worries though. I'm good in moments of panic. I took the entire plumbing parts under the sink off and found there was the problem. There was a little spaghetti damn blocking the road. I cleaned it out and after about 30 minutes of trying to reposition the pipes, I reluctantly turned the sink back on. The sink is open for business.

There is a silver lining... Under the sink is now cleaned out. It is even wiped down. So, I don't have to hear you complain about the junk under there.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

You really can describe a bad household event and make it sound like a sci-fi novel. Too much.