Friday, October 24, 2008

tgif... right??

Thank God It's Friday !! I hear ya. This week has dragged on & on & on & on.

I have another 1/2 day today, as my super awesome daycare needed a a little vacation. I can't blame them. Sometimes after a crazy weekend with my children, I think I need a vacation. They are back to being super awesome on Monday. But Trevor misses them, he keeps asking for him "nucle non & onnie nene". Translation...Uncle Ron & Auntie Susie.

Our crazy busy Pappy stopped by for a minute last night. Well a little more than a minute, it was actually 2 1/2 minutes. But we'll take what we can get. The kids love to see him!! Trevor started jumping up and down yelling "me pappy, me pappy here". All the kids got to tell him one thing and then he was gone. Rachael showed him the eggs, Erin told him he is going to the Science Olympics Finals today. But he didn't really need to be told that, since there were paper airplanes all over the floor. 2nd grade Science Olympics require the students to make a paper airplane and whoever can make it fly the longest wins. Erin won for his class and now he is moving on. I'm not sure how well he will do, since I stink in the making airplanes department.

I had Erin's parent / teacher conference. UGH ! I hate going to these. With Erin, there is always obstacles to get around. There I was, by myself and an entire team of teachers throwing papers at me. In attendance were - me, his classroom teacher, his intern student teacher, his reading teacher, writing coach & speech therapist. Count them ....... all for one student. And I shouldn't complain, he is getting the best education possible for a child with a learning disability. But my brain only can take in so much information and then I forget vital questions. Bottom line, Erin is improving! YEAH ! His reading is getting better, his writing is on level and so is his math. I walked out with a little happier, a little less stressed out. He's doing good and I'm proud of him. Rachael's conference is tonight .... it should be interesting....

We have a soccer tournament this weekend. So we'll be gone most of Saturday and Sunday. But this is what we do in soccer season. Home is just a place to wash a uniform .... and get a little sleep.

Here is Rachael's weekend wear ....... Rachie Power #21 !!



1 Comment:

Beth said...

Yeah for Erin's progress & good luck to Rachel. :) Is it the Halloween Havoc? That was always a fun tourney when the girls were younger.