Friday, July 11, 2008

a little bit quieter.

One child comes home, and one child leaves. Does anyone notice a difference in their home when you remove one child from the mix? We do, and it is really significant, strangely odd, yet peacful lack of noise that reminds you that you are minus one child.

Our home is loud. There is no getting around it. Tile floors, a plasma car for Trevor (thanks nanny), 4 children with different agendas, two dogs and 2 birds - it is a hot mess for noise. I am loud by nature. It came to me by my father, so that doesn't help. Sometimes having a conversation with someone takes too much energy, so you just don't.

BUT, this summer Kasey was away for 12 days and Rachael just left for her summer trip to my home in Massachusetts. Because each of our children is so drastically different from the others, removing one changes our home. It is remarkable. With Rachael is Massachusetts and Kasey out with her friends last night, Erin and I had the boys home and that was it, just the boys. It was a walk in the park. The quiet was almost spooky. I felt like I was missing someone.

Rachael is on her summer trip for the next two weeks. She left on Wednesday with her Pappy. Rachael has some diva tendencies, so flying first class with Pappy just added to the Diva in Rachael. Next week she will be going to Old Orchard Beach in Maine with Papa, Nic Nic and Alexa and then back to Nanny and Pappy's before coming home. Did I mention she is flying home 1st class too....yeah...She should be a full blow Diva upon return. I'm hoping to get some good pictures of her trip. New England beaches are beautiful.

Here is the weather report for Old Orchard Beach, Maine:




I very glad that Rachael has this opportunity to visit her grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins. She loves having everyone to herself.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS RUDE!!!! I am a Quit Child!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! THANKS JUST KIDDING
LOVE
RACHAEL