Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Whoa ... Easy Boys ..

I found this incredibly funny quote in the TampaBay Times this am in reference to the announcement that the new Belgian owner of Anheuser Busch will be putting an end to the free beer samples at the Theme Parks.

" I don't care about the lions and tiger and bears," he said. " I want the free beer - and a roller coaster."

I thought that was completely funny..... Because after a day at Busch Gardens nearly every Momma I know could use a cocktail !

But as I read it said not only are they putting an end to the free pouring taps, but they are raising ticket and parking prices. Personally, the price hike doesn't really impact my family. We have had season passes to Busch Gardens and Adventure Islands for years and luckily our price is locked in, but geez ..... for the average person it is going up to $69.95 for a single day pass. Please don't misunderstand me, I love Busch Gardens, it is fun and local and a neat place to take the kids for the afternoon, BUT, I really do not see it being worth $69.95 a day. And the definition of an adult by Busch Gardens is 10 and up. Yup, I wouldn't pay that. That is a little much.

Now I have to call my husband and let him know that he can't hang out at the Hospitality House anymore :)

1 Comment:

Beth said...

We gave up our passes when we went a WHOLE YEAR w/o using them. I'm not sorry I did now... what is a trip to BG w/o a trip to the hospitality house?! It was always my favorite part!