Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's all about to end.

I have to return to my dreaded job tomorrow. Can I just tell everyone how much I have enjoyed not working for the past two weeks??

To be completely honest I have found that staying home with my kids a little crazy. They are high maintenance, well ok, just Rachael and Trevor. They are bossy, needy, cranky and sometimes all at once. And I forgot how much work it is to stay home. While I would completely return to my SAHM status in a heartbeat, there is this little part of my sanity that is doing a happy dance to be returning to my dreaded job tomorrow.

To quote Beth, I have been off the "soccer crackpipe" for about two weeks. My trips to soccer field were incredibly, surprisingly minimal. I have enjoyed every little bit of not going there every day.

I haven't checked my inbox for my dreaded job lately. I opened it, but when a read that I had over 1800 emails, I shut it. Perhaps an inbox fairy will take care of it for me... ya think??

I had lots of things I wanted to do over the past two weeks. Most of them didn't get done. I really needed some mental health time. So did my kids. While I am completely relaxed, laundry done, dinner made for a couple of days & new schedule calendar up, the thought of returning to works makes me want to vomit. I do owe you a post about my job. That will be some good stuff for down the road. Here's a little glimpse into my job ... Have you ever read "The Devil Wears Prada." I work for a fashion house, the woman whose name is on the label is that woman! While I may not be her personal asst., I work closely enough with her ... Oh the stories I could tell ya, and I will... PROMISE!!

Tuesday the kids return to school. Oh the joy ...... Let's all hope 2009 brings me a new J-O-B !! Please keep your fingers crossed .... PLEASE !!


2 Comments:

Yellow Beads said...

I am right there with you. I have a love-hate relationship with my job. I work P/T (2 days a week in office, some from home) and then at home 3 days with the kids. A lot of people say I have the "perfect balance", but some days I find it hard to juggle both.

Beth said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time off, but hopefully you'll be back to blogging more often... I think I'm going to start to look into doing some soccer photography. Maybe Rachael can be my guinea pig/model. (???) I have to think it through & come up with a business plan... I'm not good at those sorts of things. Aaargh!

Happy New Year!