Thursday, January 22, 2009

where did the heat go?

That is some serious amount of coldness. It doesn't get much colder than this is these parts. This is cold enough to send the most native Floridians into complete hibernation. Anything that could possibly emit heat in my super soccer van was on and on high. For a brief moment I thought I received my wish and I was home in Massachusetts.

My feet and hands were fighting for which body parts wanted the heat the most. I spent the entire commute into Tampa going back and forth between floor and dashboard vents. I know what you're thinking. You are thinking that I have come to the realization that I don't want to move home. WRONG !! The only thing I realized is that I need to get me a pair lambskin gloves with cashmere lining ...

What completely put my kids into utter hysteria this morning was this ....


Yup, that's frost on my windshield - or what my kids call "Florida Snow". Who owns an ice scraper in central Florida?? Let me answer that for you, only you northerners who didn't throw it out the window as you passed through Georgia! Lil' E was very concerned on how I was going to get him to school with my van covered in it. They loved the fact that I used the lethal combination of windshield wiper fluid and heat to melt it. I think he was thinking I was going to give them a 2 hours delay or something completely northern!!

Please note that I did not ask Erin if we could move to Massachusetts today...... it wouldn't have been a smart move.


3 Comments:

Melodie said...

That's me, here! Native Floridian in complete hibernation. I haven't been outside of my house in days. Not even to check the mailbox. Where did my lovely Florida go? I think I'll blame Barack Obama for this shit.

Anonymous said...

That was a heat wave. WE call that our Jan. thaw. It is in the minuses. Now that is cold.

Yellow Beads said...

Isn't it crazy--80 today and a high of 55 on Friday!?!