Tuesday, September 23, 2008

what's a mommy to do?

Let me start by saying. That this ain't my first rodeo, cowboy.

I know the game, I've played it twice before. I hate playing it, it means at least a week of whining, crying, pleading and begging. And to be quite honest, it involves a lot of energy on my part. Trevor needs to give up the paci. We had to have his blood retested last month because he tends to a little low in the iron department. Big E went with me and when Trevor cried, he popped in the paci. I secretly died. I knew that Dr. Mark would say something. And he sure did. UGH ... I hate being talked to by the Dr. He is such a smarty pants.

But really, I know the paci needs to go. It's time. But now he's too smart. He knows he can't have it at daycare, but the second he asks for it at home, I cave. I think it is time for some tough love. It is almost time to cut off the sucky part, leaving just handles. I did it this for Rach & Erin, they walked around with handles for a few days, but it worked.

The only thing left to decide, is when we should do it.....

2 Comments:

Beth said...

None of my kids would take a paci (it wasn't for lack of trying on our part!!!) but I feel for you, all of those trasitions are so hard! Poor Trev! Good luck & keep in mind you can always hop over here for a glass of wine in an emergency. :)

Anonymous said...

He is the only child I have ever known that sucks on 2 nunu's at once. He doesn't have any gag reflexes. Good luck.