Tuesday, September 2, 2008

back at home.

Home from Melbourne...

Rachael team placed 3rd overall. They lost in the semi-finals 0-1. The other team scored with 15 seconds left in the game. We were heading into overtime and they scored a bobble, bobble, boop goal. I would more okay with the loss if it was a real goal, a strategically placed goal. But this was a lucky goal. As a soccer mom with a bit of an attitude, I was a little mad. Not because my daughter's team lost, but because they played so very hard and they deserved the win, they really did.

Rachael felt so bad and you could tell how disappointed she was by looking at her face. A quick stop of Friendly's for some ice cream turned her frown upside down!!

I have lots of pictures to share. I'll post them shortly!

1 Comment:

Beth said...

Poor Rachel. I know how you feel, that's exactly how Jordan's team lost the State Cup finals last year. One minute away...aaargh!

I'm glad you're back safe & sound and I hope you had some yummy margaritas. :)

~Beth