Thursday, September 25, 2008

note to my husband

Hey honey,

I know you check the blog nightly and since I will be sleeping when you get home, I just wanted to let you know not to be concerned about the "smokiness" in our home.

I didn't leave the bread in the oven and then preheat it, I learned my lesson the last 2 times. I didn't forget the toaster oven was on and give the boys a bath, that was a big oopps. The kids didn't put paper in the burning candle causing incredible amounts of smoke. And the dryer didn't mysteriously start smoking after that load was a little too big. I promise.

But while I was helping Erin study that spelling list, Rachael was watching "Jon and Kate plus 8" and Kasey was in her bedroom talking on the phone, Trevor did that disappearing thing again. The little rascal got into the cornstarch baby powder and by the time I started the Trevor hunt, our entire bedroom was covered in white powder. And then the air conditioner kicked on and it was all over the place. If I wasn't gasping for air, I would have been able to take some pictures. It wouldn't have worked, it was more like a white out.

I cleaned up all I can for tonight. I literally need for wait for the dust to settle. So no worries ..... just don't breathe deeply ....

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Trevor is so cute. Actually I should find the pic of you and your little friend Ricky that did the very same thing with baby powder. Just FYI, it took a really long time to get all the powder up.

Beth said...

too funny!!! :) I especially loved the bread in the oven part. In our first apartment I used to store stuff in oven all the time. There was one cake that I "preheated" about 4 times. I finally got smart & put a sticky on the control knob whenever I stored anything in there.

Meaghan said...

Hilarious!

xoxo
Meaghan