Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ode to Yankee Stadium

Do the math, the Yankees have been will most likely be mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs soon. Yes, I can't believe it either, the Yankees did not most likely will not make the playoffs. Usually I would just tease my father a little. But I'm feeling a little nostalgic since the ball park will close its front gates forever and will meet the wrecking ball in the not so far future.

I can argue with the best of them that the YANKEES are the single best baseball team there is today. Maybe not for this years season, but for the seasons past. If you watched the All-Star game and was able to see all those Yankee Greats walk the field, you'd have to agree with me. Watching George Steinbrenner nearly in tears because of how much history was standing on that field, was incredible.

My father is the biggest Yankee fan ever! Next time I'm in Massachusetts I'll take pictures of the "Man Cave". I know he is feeling a little heartache right now.

I've been to Yankee Stadium a few times. Most of the time, my Dad would take us for a game on the hottest day of August. Oh how I enjoyed the cheap seats on the third tier with sun beating down, with the crazy New Yorker screaming Yankee related profanity in my young ears. The players looked no bigger than the peanuts shells I was throwing at my brother. I remember my Dad telling me over and over how awesome this park was and there was nothing else like it. And he was right. It was pretty awesome ....


BUT ... The Rays made the playoffs! First time ever! Gotta go with our hometown team now that the Yanks are all but done.




0 Comments: