Friday, February 27, 2009

it isn't easy..

This week, I thank god everyday for this magnificent place and the super-caffeinated-hot beverages ....



The new schedule kicked in .... and it's kicking my butt.....4:30am comes really, really early. I'm having great difficulty staying up past 9:30pm. And the amount of shows piling up on DVR is concerning. If I can't stay up past 9:30pm and my kids don't go to bed until 8 pm .... I'm never gonna catch up! NEVER !! I do vaguely remember seeing the Grey's Anatomy was a repeat this week, so that's good...at least one show I don't have to watch.

By 1pm, I'm feeling like this ...

I want to take a cat nap ... at my desk ... I don't care .....

Some interesting things that I am learning about 4am hour ...

  • I am finding that folding laundry at 4:45am isn't that different than folding laundry at 6:15am. Just a little more dark and a little more quiet. And that the dryer has an annoying squeak in it. Which is concerning ... because I can never be without a dryer! NEVER EVER!!
  • Since I can't stay up late enough to obsess over my floors and I need to clean them every night, I now can do that at 4:55am every morning and achieve the same result.
  • When a certain 2 year old wakes up and tells me "You not nice. Turn the lights off", Noggin has Lazy Town at 5:30am.
  • Dogs adjust faster than their owners. My dog NEVER woke up before 6am before this week. Now the whining starts at 4:30am. He needs to learn that whining won't get you outside any faster. And that he still gets walked at 6:30am. Don't care ... not happening any earlier.
  • And that learning how to set the auto-start on the coffee maker should be learned before the owners manual was tossed out.

I'm adjusting ... just not very quickly ....

ETA: Duh ... I don't understand how you guys aren't mind readers ... lol .... Big Erin started a new work schedule. He now works 5:50am - 2:20pm ... Thus the reason my butt needs to be up and dressed before awakening the littles for school .... sorry, should have put that in there ...


2 Comments:

Beth said...

What's with the new schedule? Did I miss something? Whenever Michael is out of town I wake up ridiculously early... I've been a zombie all week.

Anonymous said...

Why the new schedule? I think it sounds like you're doing amazingly well and liquid goodness from Starbucks helps the day go by quicker! It's like Mary Poppins for adults LOL!