Thursday, February 19, 2009

rampin' up for the weekend ....

This weekend is a big weekend in the soccer world!! It's Region Cup time for this little soccer star .....


I'm heading off to Naples sometime before sunrise on Saturday morning. Two games Saturday, one game Sunday and I should be home by 1pm on Sunday if I only stop for a drive-thru lunch!

Because we have so many children, they are naturally going in different directions, which means mega-planning for me. I think, and this is bound to change 5X before I leave my driveway, I am heading south with just Trevor and Rachael. There is a possibility that Lil' E will be joining us. But for now it is just me, Rachie Power & the Trevmeister will be going.

I'm still trying to figure out why we have to play in the furthest place south, when there are very good soccer complexes near our home and within an hours driving distance. We are literally the furthest field possible. Directions are simple. Head south on 75, when you get to the Everglades, hang a right...the soccer fields are on the left...

I'm heading home fast on Sunday, because Sunday is a special day! My little girl is turning 11 on Sunday! 11 years old !! That is amazing to me. She is my little girl and she's not so little anymore ... I'm confused as to how the time went by so fast !! I'd like to request a re-do of the last 11 years, or maybe just the last 9 .... I'll skip the diaper part !!

So wish me luck in the hotel with a super crazy 2 year old boy. Wish Rachael luck .... she needs it and I would really like to advance to the Quarter Finals in two weeks .... Wish us nice weather and no traffic jams and a quiet ride to the Everglades .... Wish me sanity and patience ....

And I have something to share with all of you ....A few weeks ago, my friend Beth came to Rachael's game and took some super fab pictures of my little girl in action. She takes the best pictures and could clearly start a little home-based Mommy business of her own ..... I have so many more to share .... but here is a little piece of awesome-ness...



3 Comments:

Beth said...

You're very sweet! :)

If you think Region Cup is bad, wait until she plays State Cup... last year when Jordan was w/ Valrico, they played RSL in the finals... IN PENSACOLA! aargh! That being said, I'll be so sad when it's over next year.

Good luck to Rach! (and to Momma dealing w/ Trevor!)

Anonymous said...

Pappy is planning on having lunch with Rach and all. That should throw some unexpected kinks in the plans. He doesn't want to miss seeing her on her bday.
Those pics are fab. Huge kudos to Beth. I am putting them on my digital frame at work.
Good luck to Rachael and Mom this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe Rachael is already 11! That seems way too fast. Happy Birthday and good luck this weekend!