Monday, February 23, 2009

Rachael's Birthday Round-up

After a super wonderful weekend of winning soccer in Naples, we hurried back to celebrate her birthday at home with Daddy, Erin, & Kasey !! No kidding, I made in home by 12:45 yesterday. I'm not saying I was speeding, I am saying there wasn't much traffic :)

We went to a late lunch with Pappy Ralph and then came home to open her presents and have some birthday cupcakes. I'm not a fan of having left over birthday cake around, so a 6-pack of cupcakes and some ice cream worked just fine. Just so you know, she did have a birthday cake with her soccer buds on Saturday night, so she wasn't cake-less! This Mommy wouldn't do that.

Here are some pictures. She looks so happy. It was her birthday and soccer team just ran away with the weekend ... It doesn't get much better than that for this 11 year old.

Here is Rachael opening her last gift and it was a big one .... her Ipod touch !! She is daddy's girl and this was his idea. It was a hit, she was very excited ...

We went to lunch with Pappy at Cheddar's. Here are a couple of pics.

And finally .. I couldn't resist.... Trevor is such a little train wreck ... but boy did he love the cupcakes. He ate his and lil' Erin's and wanted Daddy's !!


So now Rachael is 11 .... but I told someone today she was 10 .... I guess there is an adjustment period!


3 Comments:

Yellow Beads said...

wow, you DID have a super weekend!! fun fun. Congrats on the win and the birthday!

Beth said...

Looks like she had lots of fun! :) I can't believe how quickly these stinkin' kids are growing up. When is your next round of Region Cup?

Melodie said...

That's funny that you're still thinking she's ten. I keep thinking that Emily is already twelve, but her birthday isn't until August. She has to remind me how young she is sometimes.