Thursday, December 4, 2008

tappin' out.

I think I know why people have their children back to back. I used think they were just down right crazy, on the verge of lunatic, but I think I know why...

Our littles are spread over 15 1/2 years. The oldest is 17 and the baby is 2.

In the past we have had some hurdles to get over. Some of Kasey's music wasn't really appropriate for Rachael who is 6 1/2 years younger than Kasey. Some of the "terms" Kasey used needed to NOT be used in front of Rachael, not that the terms were bad, just didn't sound right coming from a younger child. Movies are an issue too. Now what Kasey can watch are completely inappropriate for Erin who is 8. And the same with video games, gotta watch them too. And 17 year olds don't really make the best decisions, so you have to stay on top of it. But it's manageable. I'm sure I'm not the only Mom who has to deal with this.

But now the biggest hurdle. Erin who is 8 years old loves WWE wrestling. Erin knows it is fake, the moves are not real and it is entertainment. Erin isn't a child who walks around hitting people, never was, he is very easy going. But he likes watching all the big guys in the wrestling ring. No big deal, until you find out that Trevor has been watching with his big brother. That is where the fun begins in my house.

Trevor thinks that everyone who is on the ground should be clotheslined, figure 4'd, or Batista Bombed. I'm not kidding! He even does the 3 count until you tap out. He knows all their names and he can mimic what they do when they enter the arena. It is really out of control. I have to admit, at first it was cute. The cute is gone. You can't even get a kiss from Trevor without being stiff-armed. I was hugging him last night and he tried to choke hold me. Don't turn your back to the 2 year old in my home.

This morning poor Erin was walking by him and Trevor clothes lined him right in the chin. Enough is enough. No more wrestling on the TV when Trevor can watch. I'm thinking about erasing it from the DVR, but I don't want to punish Erin, it isn't Erin's fault! Erin isn't the one going all postal on everyone!

He's getting a kitchen for Christmas. I'm hoping that will take his attention away from the Batista Bombs and he'll start making him Mommy some calming tea...

2 Comments:

Yellow Beads said...

My two are 18 months apart and people think I am nuts--and yes we planned it that way! If it was up to me, I would have another one by now but Hubby is "done" :(

Beth said...

Oh Trev...! Gotta love that little guy! He was so excited to show me your Christmas tree the other night (although I didn't know I was at risk for getting clotheslined, or I wouldn't have come in). TOO CUTE!