Monday, December 8, 2008

catchin' up ....

The weekend just flew by...It's getting closer to Christmas. "Q" the stress ...

Saturday the older's had soccer games. It was a successful weekend in that department. Rachael won her game 3-2. Kasey won her game 6-0 and little Erin won his game 22-0. And that isn't a typo. After like the 5th goal, it became a little embarrassing. This is 7 & 8 year old soccer, no goalies, just an open net and our team took complete advantage of that. I felt horrible for that other team. It was to the point that we just gave the kids a thumbs up when they scored. I sooo hope that every game isn't like this past weekend. It could be a loooooong season. However, Erin thinks that his win was pretty cool.

We did take the kids to the Lightning hockey game Saturday night. A friend gave me great tickets (great seats too). Growing up I went to alot of hockey games, but the kids hadn't been. They had a super awesome time. Hockey is a very fast paced game, and they loved every minute of it. The Lightning is very entertaining too, so besides the game they watched the band, the mascot, the games .... etc...

What I didn't know is apparently hockey players are a hot commodity in the single world. There were many young ladies there wearing close to nothing and walking the arena stairs in stiletto's. Seriously ladies, this was a hockey game and you were in the stands, not even close to the ice. Do you really think the players were going to see you?? They were in groups of 2 and 3, drinking incredibly high priced, very small, dark drinks (I'm thinking captain and coke). And I'm not talking a couple of girls, there were MANY of them. Another thing I learned, hockey is a complete drinking sport and I'm not talking social drinking, I'm talkin' down and dirty, have to get picked up off the floor drinkin'! The ladies room was not a fun place to take Rachael, many ladies talking about things that I have only heard in the bathrooms of bars in Ybor. OMG !! As we were leaving the single's were heading over to the bar across the street, I'm guessing that's where the players go to drown their sorrows after they lose.

Otherwise, the kids had fun, I had fun and I'd definitely do it again.

I was tagged by Jennifer from Another Online Mom. I'll have that posted today. We have some New Yorkers in town working with us today, so things could get a little crazy up here!

0 Comments: