Monday, December 22, 2008

I wish I was here ......

This, my dear blogging friends, is Christmas, or my version of what it should be.

Here is my step-father plowing out from the 1st of the 3 storms that hit them in Massachusetts this week. How freakin' cool is this ..... A White Christmas .......

And what is missing in these pictures ??? oh me and my kids ... and my husband, but he doesn't "do snow" as he reminds me of his native Floridian status...("Q" the big eye roll)


So here is my pity party ..... I should be having a white Christmas in the cold instead of watching my kids play in 78 degree heat (well, not today it is only about 60 ...but by Xmas it's gonna be nearing 78). And its not even that I like the cold, because I complain about it the entire time I'm there. It's just the point that I'm missing it and at my pity party, that just doesn't fly.

So I'm wrapping things up in my office and then I am off for 2 weeks. Yup, I'll be back to blogging full time in about 24 hours. I have to pick up a couple more things for Christmas, because I always forget something. I'm wrapping tonight. I forgot to give Big Erin his invitation to my wrapping party that I am holding after the kids go to bed. I need him because after all the "Quinn Wrapping Party" would be no fun with just me. Perhaps I'll entice him with a Corona or two. We can all see that I'm little erked about my lack of snow in Sunny Florida and could use some Christmas Cheer......

Just so you all don't think I am going completely humbug this year. I think my crappy attitude will dwindle a tad when I step foot out of my office and start my very much needed and totally deserved vacation ...

3 Comments:

Beth said...

I have not wrapped ONE present! I have 3 gifts under my tree... all from the SIL. But I'm ALMOST done with my shopping, at least.

Yellow Beads said...

YEA, THIS YEAR WILL BE A *HOTTER THAN USUAL* CHRISTMAS IN FLORIDA, I DON'T LIKE COLD WEATHER MUCH BUT DO WISH IT WOULD BE COOLER THIS WEEK, OH WELL.

Anonymous said...

That is my husbands newest toy. Probably not but it is the newest I know about. Also, the most expensive....I hope. We have had a lot of snow this year already. I love it and can't wait to ski. It is not bad if you dress for it. The difference you can layer upon layer your clothes and take the layers off as needed. In the Fl. heat, I can only go so far in the removal stage, then I go to jail.