Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm back..

I'm not MIA, just getting taken away by things that I would rather not be taken away by.

My best friend Michele's mother passed away Thursday, not unexpectedly, but unexpectedly, if that makes sense. She was sick for about 2 years and finally she didn't have any fight left. Michele is just devastated. She knew how sick she was, but there is always that denial. Peg was like a 2nd grandmother to my kids, she was so thoughtful and kind. The world was a better place with her in it. Rachael took her passing really hard, I was a little taken back by it, I shouldn't have been. Peg acknowledged all the kids accomplishments, birthdays, graduations. She attended their soccer games many times. The kids called her Grammy Peg and she loved it! The funeral was yesterday. I am glad that is behind us, it was a little difficult.

In between all the chaos, we attempted to take our children's Xmas card pictures! Wow, I had completely underestimated Trevor's stubbornness. It took longer than expected. Probably didn't help that is was both lunch and nap time. But I think we ended up with two pictures that were workable. So in the end, I would consider our picture outing successful.

Am I the only one not done with Xmas shopping?? With work being completely out of control right now, I am very far behind. My Xmas cards are going out today, I need to start wrapping asap! We are staying home for Xmas this year, due to Erin's work schedule and since it will only be us, I'm going to make a small ham and we will play with the kids all day long! I am really looking forward to that.

Here are some pics from our photo session. Yup, Kasey is missing. She didn't want to have her picture taken this year. I wouldn't have done the Thing 1,2 & 3 if she were in them, but since she was being difficult (she is being difficult, but a typical 17 year old) I went for it...I think it turned out cute.


3 Comments:

Beth said...

Sorry about Michele's mom. That's really horrible over the holidays, especially. You already know how much I love the pics! :) And no, you're not the only one not done with shopping. The ONLY thing about my Christmas that is done is my cards... I'll be blogging about it all soon. Bah Humbug!

Melodie said...

I'm sorry about your friend's mother.

I really love the pic of the three kiddos standing side-by-side. They look like little stair steps.

And I have barely gotten started on Christmas, much less finished it.

Yellow Beads said...

I think the photos came out really nice. Sorry to hear about your friend's loss ,so not fun, especially during the holidays!