Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Things I remember about Papa

My Papa would have turned 93 today! In Memory of his beautiful Life, I thought I would do a top 10 of my memories...

  1. The fact that he loved country music made me laugh, he called it "his cowboy music"
  2. He always yelled at me for coming too close to the curbs when making a turn and he would run over the curb
  3. The fact that he was a regular at all East Longmeadow High School Football games and sat in the announcers box and nobody ever stopped him, that makes me laugh too
  4. In the spring he would take me for walks in the woods to pick the pussy willows
  5. In the summer he would take me for walks in the woods and I would get stung by a bee EVERYTIME
  6. He would openly admit he carried a stick because he was afraid of snakes
  7. He would take us to his garden every spring and we would pick which pumpkin would be ours come October
  8. Telling me to run and get the salt shaker to eat the tomatoes we had just picked off the vine. He wanted me to eat the tomatoes and I would eat the beans without telling him
  9. We would put the bushels of fresh vegetables from his garden in his garage for the neighbors to come and pick up
  10. Meeting us at the busstop everyday after school, and the bus stop was literally 10 steps from his backdoor
  11. He called me JoJo

So there are 11 top ten things ...... BUT, there are so many more.



0 Comments: