Thursday, May 15, 2008

How do you spend your dash?

I read the poem "How do you spend your dash" quite a few years ago. And over the years I have seen it passed around via e-mail. A friend sent it to me last night and I wanted to share. I haven't seen it in a "movie" form before. It is very beautiful.

Sometimes it takes something like this little poem to realize that your "dash" is all that really matters. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and accept people for who they are. Don't dwell on the negative, focus on the good and stay true to yourself. Lead by example, knowing that what you do may never be appreciated by some, but the people who matter most appreciate it. When all else fails, go by the "Golden Rule". Love your family and friends, everyone of them is a true blessing.

Click here to view "The Dash"

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 7:12 NIV


2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Here's to hoping my dash is something to be rememberd!

Anonymous said...

I love that poem. I try to live my dash as other would like to remember me.