Sunday, April 6, 2008

Soccer Mom's are brutal


Why is it that when a team is losing 4-2, that the parents of the opposing team feel the need to scream and yell and jump up and down when the team sinks another goal? They go from Soccer Mom's to Bleacher Creatures. I can see little Susie's Mom jumping up and down if her little girl scored the goal, but the entire side line. Come on ... It gets to be a little much.

I'm all for competition. I am the most competitive soccer mom out there. I yell and scream with the best of them. I wear my team shirt with pride and yell for Rachael at every kick. But every real Soccer Mom has some limits. At least I have mine and they may be very loose limits, but I will stop when it comes to making a team feel completely deflated.

Rachael played hard this weekend at the Suncoast Spring Classic. Her team won one and lost two. Maybe I am a little bitter that the linesman failed to make 3 critical offsides calls, and that cost us those 3 crucial goals and playing in the finals. But my daughter played her heart out and never quit.

Rachael is a true champion!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rachael! Never give up! I am so proud of you!!