Monday, June 15, 2009

welcome to the zoo ......

Remember this post?? Yup, that was a pretty sad time for our family....

But this little gal came along ....

The kids named her Sadie. At some point someone else in our family added Grace to the end. Sadie Grace, sounds good. Trevor calls her Sadie Baby .... not sure why, but he is so cute he could call her anything and I would think he was a genius.

She is absolutely adorable. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't want another dog, remember we still have Pogo. But she was a rescue mutt dog. We think there is some boxer in there with a side of terrier. Not really sure, one thing is certain, she won't be trotting around in the Westminster Kennel Club Dog show. But who really cares .... the kids are just smitten' with her.

While I love the little puppy, we are currently at battle over the fact that she only eats my flip flops and my things. I even offer Rachael's flip flops in exchange, but it seems like Sadie is a flip flop eating snob and plastic ones just don't cut it. She is trying my patience, or what little patience I have. The only thing that is saving her right now are those darn floppy ears.


3 Comments:

Beth said...

She's a cutie! Ben is counting the days 'til Jordan goes to college so he can get a dog. :)

Abbi said...

too cute!!! love it!

Yellow Beads said...

I want a puppy, and hubby says we are waiting about four or five years until the kids can help out with it. ha.