Thursday, May 21, 2009

Time is flying by ...

I've very neglectful of my blog in the last couple of months. It never seems like I have enough time to sit down and type up my thoughts or activities. And for that I am truly sorry. Perhaps now that we are rolling into summer and most of our activities will take a little hiatus, I can get back on the blogging bandwagon.


Some sad news to tell everyone about. Last Friday we had to put our Bulldog, Buzzy to sleep. Buzzy was a wonderful dog, never growled, never bit anyone, never even complained. He brought him home when he was 4 months old and in October he would have been 14 years old. He was around when we brought Rachael, Erin & Trevor home from the hospital. He was Rachael & Erin's pony, they rode him around like cowboys & cowgirls. He lived a long doggy life with us. The doctor who saw Buzzy last Friday said that Buzzy didn't want to leave us and that was why he was around so very long.


On a happier note, we are off to Disney this weekend to watch Rachael play in the Disney Memorial Day Soccer Shootout. I love the Wide World of Sports Complex. It is absolutely beautiful, the fields are perfect and the tournament is run in true Disney form .... flawless !! It will be hot, there isn't usually a breeze on the fields, so I'm packing the sunscreen! This is the end of the soccer season for Rachael .... it was a good year :)

But wait !! Tryouts for next season are on Tuesday of next week. Yup folks, that is a whooping 24 hours off ! Yippee, what will I do ???? Thankfully, there is about 6 week where we will put the cleats up and enjoy some family time.

I have a ton of pics for everyone to see. I'll get them uploaded in the next couple of days! Wait to you see how Trevor has grown .... he is quite the little man !! And an update on Erin, he is no longer required to attend speech classes, he was released this year !! He was very excited about that.

And one more thing ... Poor Ass Momma Bird has more eggs. This is now her third try at the Momma Bird thing. So far we have do not have any baby birds and I'm not holding my breath. I just don't think she knows what she is doing.

Promise I won't be gone long .....


2 Comments:

Yellow Beads said...

welcome back :)

Beth said...

So sorry to hear about Buzzy!

Have fun this weekend. Jordan's tourney was canceled due to the weather. What do people do when they have a 3 day weekend?