Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm not gonna cry ..... PROMISE .....

This is my little girls last week of Elementary School. After Thursday, I will have a middle schooler. I am struggling with this. After all, she is my little girl .....

I remember walking her into that school 6 years ago and crying as I walked out, my little girl was a Kindergartner and I was leaving her in a big school all by herself. Well, I walked into that big school with her last week and she bent over to talk to a Kindergartner. I thought to myself that used to be my little girl, so small and carrying that huge backpack. She has grown into the big school. And now, my daughter is in her last days of 5th grade. I think I will walk her in on Thursday and I'm going to try not to cry on my way out.

What a year she has had. And she has enjoyed every minute of being the big kid on campus. She has made the most she can out of 5th grade. She has made some incredible friends and had has wonderful teachers who have forever shaped her future. She was a safety patrol, she made Sergeant. And she wanted that since she was in 1st grade. Last week I chaperoned her 5th grade class trip to Epcot. I loved it, we had a wonderful time and have some great memories. Last Friday, I also attended her 5th grade bash ! OMG ..... what fun we had!! The kids loved the waterslide and mechanical bull. The cafeteria was decorated in the Jungle theme, it was incredible. Most of her 5th grade activities are over now and the school year is winding down.

And with 1.5 days left of school, Rachael is ready to move on. BUT ... I am not ready for that ....

She tells me she isn't going to cry when she walks out ..... But I know that Rachael is a little emotional .....And I think she will cry too when the entire school (K - 4th grade) line the hallway and they clap the 5th graders out of the school for the last time.

0 Comments: