Thursday, May 28, 2009

I miss him ...

For those of you who don't know my grandfather, the below clip is something he would have been very proud of. His entire life revolved around youth sports, for more than 60 years he coached & managed baseball & football, but he enjoyed every minute of every sport we watched. He even came to every single figure skating competition I had and I honestly think he enjoyed them. He would watch me cheerleading. He would drive my brother to hockey games, and when he didn't drive him, he met us there. I know for a fact even when he was sick, he never missed Mikey's soccer, baseball or hockey games, especially the high school ones!!

He was youth sports in East Longmeadow !!




Did you see that man in the last part of the video?? The man on the left with the sunglasses standing next to the scholarship winner, that's my Dad. That was his 15 seconds of fame, almost :) And how awesome are those T-shirts? I think the caricature of my Papa is spot on. And I'm also betting that my father didn't get me one of those T-shirts :(

Don't you think my Papa would be proud of my Madame President status ??

1 Comment:

Beth said...

That's really cool, MP! Now I know which tree the apple fell from... he would certainly be proud of you mama!