Thursday, March 5, 2009

what is that smell??

Yes I do, today is my birthday and I dont' want to be the age that I am.


So Happy Birthday to me!! I told baby Trevor that today is my birthday and he said "Happy Birtday me Mommy" ! Love him !! And Rachael in her super sweet, half asleep whisper, wished me a happy birthday and then I went to wake up Erin and he said ...... Today is your birthday mommy and it is like 50 other peoples birthday too ! How funny is that. He is such a little joy!

While my Mother was in town we had an early celebration. My favorite cake EVER is Angel Food Cake !! LOVE IT ...and bonus...It's low in calories!! And she made my all time favorite meal from when I was a child, Open Face Chicken Benedict! I was overjoyed by the deliciousness of my dinner. And, I am seriously craving more. Good thing Mom will be back in 4 weeks :)

My kids did the sweetest thing for me. They sent me on a birthday scavenger hunt. They made me work for my gift! It was so much fun....They went through so much effort to make it fun.
As soon as I arrived home last Friday, I was greeted by 3 very anxious children and a note telling me to "proceed to our lake and on a tree, will be two balloons in view and you will see a note for you"!

And then that note said "You found it, good job and now round two. Proceed to XXXX BlahBlah Way, and on a table waiting for you with a birthday cake and it may be in two, but look inside and you will find another clue for you"! So cute ... And by the way ... That address happens to be my friend Beth!! She rocks ... what a team player ...

I chased notes and balloons around for what seemed like 30 minutes around my neighborhood. It was so much fun! At the end was my brand new Pandora Bracelet with a "J" charm! YIPPEE !! I was so excited !!

So lets fast forward to today ......I am at work today. On my birthday. Oh well, it is just another birthday. They seem to come so quickly in recent years, which is very concerning!

I would rather be relaxing ... something along these lines .....


The girls at work were so thoughtful and gifted me with such an appropriate charm for my new Pandora Bracelet! How great is this ....
It makes coming into work today so very worth it!

Can't wait to go home and see my family !! I really hope I don't have to cook :) and I hope there is some birthday cake waiting for me.


6 Comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! :) Wish I was home when you stopped by for your clue. The kids were really perplexed as to why there was angel food cake on our front porch. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! Cutest idea about the scavenger hunt. My daughter would love to create that too. We may have to steal it. Hope you have a super awesome day.

Anonymous said...

It was soooo much fun. The kids did a great job. Since I will be back in 4 weeks.....I may make your favorite dinner again! It was a great 4 days.

Melodie said...

Sorry, I'm late, but Happy Birthday!

Yellow Beads said...

wow, what a great gerat birthday! and the scavenger hunt is a good idea. i bet you loved it!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

oh happy birthday! my 2 yr old son sings "Happy Birthday to Mommy" every day to me. so cute. I never want them to grow up.

Hope you get to the spa real soon!!!