Friday, March 13, 2009

remember me??

I've been a little MIA for a week. Not really sure why. My other job as Madame President Elect has been a little overwelming, taking up a little too much time. I need to organize my life so that I can have a life. How I'm going to do that remains to be determined.

Last weekend Rachael's team played in the Quarterfinals of the Region C Cup. They played so darn good..it was amazing!! However, in our teams true form, we didn't score. Not shocking, we never score. But we win alot. Because we never let a goal in. Many of our games have been won by direct kicks related to a foul of some sort. But, true soccer peeps would know, you cannot win every game on direct kicks. No, you can't. So the game finished in a 0-0 and went directly to post game penalty kicks where we lost 3 - 2. And there is where our soccer season came to a complete stop! Yup ... done. Rachael doesn't cry a lot over soccer, because she is an athlete and losing is part of the routine, but she cried....she didn't want it to be over. Don't tell her ... but I think I cried a little too :( She does have some tournament to play still and they are practicing, but the heart of the season has passed.

Trevor has taken a new interest in the potty. It is a small interest, but I'll take what I can get. I'll share a little secret with all of you. I have NEVER potty trained any of my children. And I'm afraid I may have to potty train this one!! My mom did the potty thing with Rachael while I was in the hospital delivering Erin. Two days...it was done. My daycare potty trained Erin. One week ...it was done. I'm scared! And by the way he still has his pacifier, which absolutely disturbs me. But there isn't a lot of fight left in my lately, and I really think he won't take it to college. I hope not .....

Little Erin is an All-Star!! Yup, my boy made the U8 All Star soccer team. I raise em' good !! He is a very good soccer player. I really attribute that to the fact he was given a soccer rattle in the hospital nursery. Or that he attended his first soccer game when he was a week old. Tonight he trains with the club trainers and next week he plays in the big game. He was so excited when Big Erin told him, he was jumping up and screaming !! Love him to pieces ....

Erin's new schedule is working out just fine. I think we are both adjusting. I think he is realizing how the kids are a little out of control since he is now home in the evenings. With his new schedule he is able to pick the kids up at school and they do not have to attend aftercare, they love it!! And Fridays are Daddy Friday ... he spends the day with Trevor! As I speak they are watching Blue's Clues. That's one lucky Daddy!!

And because I hate posting without pictures....Taken by Beth ....


3 Comments:

Melodie said...

I was scared about potty training Katie, too. With Sarah and Emily, I just let them stay in their pull-ups until they told me they were ready to use the potty. I just didn't feel like fighting with them about it. Katie was so easy, though, it was amazing. It will probably help that Trevor has an older brother to look up to about it all. I think that's what made Katie want to do it so much - she wanted to be like her big sissies!

Beth said...

I can imagine that this MP stuff is pretty overwhelming & time consuming. You'll be great though!

So sorry about Region Cup. It is heartbreaking, isn't it?! We start State Cup next weekend, Jordan should be nice & jetlagged! :) I'm nervous b/c RSL won SC last year, but Jordan tends to bring bad luck with her. We'll see...

Yeah for Erin!!! Wish I could take pics, but I'll be in Jax...taking pics! :)

Haven't heard from Jordan since Wed. aaargh!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my little soccer players. Racheal plays with her entire body and soul. She loves the game and it shows. Ditto for Erin. I am excited for next weekend. He will play his heart out. That is just how he is on the soccer field.
I don't give Trevor his pacifier when I am there. He asks for it and I tell him I don't have one. That is it. It works.
See you in 3 weeks!!!