Wednesday, August 20, 2008

tropical storm fay? where?

Quick update for everyone. I do have pictures from our Hurricane Day, but I forgot my card reader at home and I don't have an intern today to do my work. I know, where are the interns when you need them! I'll post the pictures tonight or tomorrow am.

Yesterday was a great day. The kids school was cancelled for Tropical Storm Fay and my office was closed for the same reason. I was supposed to "work" from home. And I did, I checked my e-mail twice.

While we are always ready for the Hurricane, we realize that Hurricane's change their path all the time. Landfall was to be right here in Tampa Bay and Tuesday morning Fay decided to come ashore near Naples, sparing our piece of Florida yet again. Having been through a couple of Hurricanes during my tenure in Florida, I am okay with keeping my air conditioning during the month of August. Call me crazy, but I don't really care for hot, sticky and buggy. The only camping I like to do is at the Hilton.

It is Quinn tradition that during Hurricane Days that turn into Non-Hurricane days we head outside. The weather is usually pretty nice during these days. It is very windy and over cast and the temperature is very comfortable. The kids played outside nearly all day, the kids rode their bikes to the park and lake, they needed to run off some energy. And the most fun thing to do on windy non-hurricane days, the throwing of the football into the wind. Go figure, Big Erin won!

And today .....back to reality .... work and school .....

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

You make hurricane days sound like a walk in the park. I don't like them at all..and I live up north. I am happy that Fay hit landfall south of you. Hurray!